Friday, October 31, 2008

Learning Languages

The Marine Corps has decided to offer the Rosetta Stone Language Learning courses to Marines for free! Right now I'm learning spanish. I learned a lot in Jr High and High School already, but now I'll know it better I guess. After I finish spanish I want to go right into a new language but I'm having a hard time deciding which one, so I'm going to put up a poll for everyone to vote on so I can see what YOU think.
I understand that Portuguese and Italian are supposedly really easy if you know spanish already.

I really want to learn something kind of interesting that not many people know, (at least not people i know) like Swedish or maybe Dutch, but if not too many people know it, how useful would that really be?
Anyway, vote and let me know what you guys all think!
-Shawn

1 comment:

Teri said...

You should learn Mandarin since the Chinese are ruling the economy and world pretty soon. But Italian is extremely similar to Spanish I can usually understand what the Italian speakers are saying cause it is so close. But the most fun I ever had learning a language was with German. It is by far the most fun to speak because anything you say sounds like you are yelling at someone.