Friday, December 12, 2008

MURRIETA GARDEN'S X-MAS PARTY

Last night, Kiley and I had the privilege of attending the Murrieta Garden's Holiday Bash! For those of you who don't know, My G-pa Ford recently moved into the Murrieta Garden Assisted Living facility. Last night was the big Christmas Party and Kiley, Myself and G-ma Ford went to the party with G-pa.

The night started out with festive music provided by none other then the Murrieta Garden's Choir...YES, this is a choir made up of the old people who live there. I JUST LOVED IT

The staff sang a few songs and then dinner was served. When I say dinner was served, I mean dinner was laid out in a buffet style. It was chaos. Imagine 30 people in their 80s with wheelchairs and walkers trying to make it 20 feet across the room and then go through a buffet line. I think I was in the line getting food for G-pa for 20 minutes. Then I got to go back in line for my food.

Because of Kiley's unpleasant attitude, I was unable to eat my dinner. But, it's OK, because it didn't look all that appetizing.

Then, SANTA CAME! I thought it would be weird to bring Santa to an Old people Christmas party, but you would have been surprised. Lots of the old people were taking their pictures with Santa. It was pretty cute. Kiley took her picture with Santa and did NOT like it. She was not a fan of Mr. Clause. I would like to thank the Murrieta Gardens for not skimping out on renting the "Good" Santa Clause. He had a full on, REAL beard. It was a great looking Santa beard.

After dinner G-pa and G-ma took me and Kiley on a tour of G-pa's room. It's a nice room and a really nice facility.

2 comments:

Glodowski said...

Gpa looks so cute with Mr. Clause...Kiley...looks a bit pissed. It sure looks like you guys had a BLAST!

Aubrey Leong said...

I love the old choir. and I love Kiley's face...she's like GET ME OUTA HERE! Every kid needs a Santa picture like that!