Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Great Escape

A 3:30pm today I got a call on my cell phone from a phone number I didn't know. Normally I don't answer my phone if I don't know the number, but today I was bored, so I answered it. It was from a guy about a 1/2 mile from my house asking if I own a dog named Darla. I said Yes and he said that she had wandered over to his neighborhood.

I asked about my other dog Hank. He said that there is another dog with Darla, but he was too fast to catch. They couldn't get close enough to read his collar. He told me he would hold onto them until I got there.

I woke Shawn up so he could watch Kiley and I jumped in the car and drove over to the guy's house. As I was pulling up, the 1st thing I noticed was Hank running ALL OVER THE PLACE. The family who had Darla was trying to catch Hank, but he was darting from house to house on the block. Then I spotted Darla. Laying on the front yard grass being pet by some kids. She was in Heaven. I quickly got the dogs into the car and thanked the family for catching them for me.
When I got back home, the dogs got grounded straight into their kennels. I doubt they cared because they were tired from their adventure.



It didn't take me long to realize how the dog's had escaped. Below are some pictures of what our fence now looks like.

Shawn has decided that after Hank and Darla pass away, we will NOT be getting another dog.


This is the side of our house...and YES that is our fence and gate flat on the ground.

Close up of the fence and gate on the ground

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! hahahahah
I get so mad when Krull gets out. I know how you feel! I just want to beat the crap out of him but he is too cute and wins me over!

Mary Ann said...

Oh I would've been SO WORRIED if it had been Creimer! I can't believe they knocked down the fence and gate!

Glodowski said...

HA HA HA HA!!! They are such bad Dogs!!! I am just happy to know that I am not the only one with naughty doggies!

Grandma Neener said...

Good to see your dogs know how to have a good time! Go ahead and change your will to leave Hank with someone who has the energy to chase him if he gets out of the yard.