Sunday, June 15, 2008

Busy Busy Weekend

This weekend has been super busy. It started Thursday night (Our 4th Anniversary). Shawn and I went to Riverside to PF Changs and the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. We were only supposed to get each other cards, but Shawn went and got me some roses also.
Then we drove to Ontario Airport and picked up Melissa and my favorite nephew, ASHTON!

On Friday it was Joe's High School Graduation. It was a bit Long, but we are just so happy that he graduated! Then after the graduation, we headed over to my parents for dinner and cake with the new graduate.

On Saturday morning we had all the great-grand children in the Ford Family go over to my parents house to take a picture together. This is probably one of the only times that the great-grand children will all be together at the same time. Taking the picture was a challenge. With 11 children all under the age of 10, it made it a bit difficult to keep them all happy and keep them all in their assigned spots. Dad even put his clown hair and nose on to keep all the kids entertained. It was difficult, but I think in a few years it will be worth it.

Then Saturday night we had a Father's Day party because Dad is not actually going to be home on Father's day. The 5 of us kids all got together and made a picture book for Dad which also included letters from each of us and Mom. Like we all expected, he cried. And he mentioned that this was the best present that he has ever received.

And now it's Father's Day and Kiley and I got up bright and early at 6:45am (not by my choice) and made Shawn a Father's Day breakfast of Eggs, Bacon, and Cinnamon Rolls. And I have been trying to not let Shawn do anything for himself today, but just now, Hank threw up in the hallway and Shawn cleaned it up. I'm horrible for not cleaning it up on Father's Day, but I have an extremely weak stomach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Those flowers are so pretty!!!

Such a cute idea for your dad.

I know, I wish you could have come, but it was soooo last minute! I miss you, we should do lunch again. When are you free?

Sophia said...

I cant believe Joe Graduated wow!!
Your fathers day sounded awesome.