Friday, April 4, 2008

Shawn's T.V. Picks

I just finished reading Michelle's last post about what she likes to watch on T.V. Now I'll tell you all what I like to watch on T.V. It mostly begins and ends with sports, and some educational type crappy stuff that not most can enjoy like I can.
I like to learn lots of new interesting things, I'm really into geography and weird history type stuff but I can enjoy a good history show from time to time as well.
But mainly I would choose to watch sports more often than anything else except that Michelle hates watching sports most of the time. This doesn't bode well with the baseball season just kicking off. My favorite team to watch, the Padres, unfortunately don't come on our local cable channels unless they are playing the Dodgers, Angels, or an ESPN game of the week. Apparently we're an L.A. market (even if we are closer to San Diego). I guess it's a good thing that I can't get all 162 Padres games, so I won't have to put Michelle out of her Mind.
I like a few of the sitcoms out there, Michelle got me into watching Lost. It's kind of a guilty pleasure, but I swear it's more than just a soap opera in an exotic setting, there's decent substance behind it. Rob and Big is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. I like learning about different places I would like to travel to some day, but not from the mostly lame shows on the Travel Channel. I love the History Channel. I like to know why things are the way they are, or why certain things are significant and learning it's history is one of the best ways of finding that out. I guess science is another good way to learn too, but it doesn't interest me too much.
I'm not too much of a movies on T.V. kind of guy, it just seems like they're not the same as if you just rent it or go to the theater. Plus the kind of movies they show usually aren't all that great.
Well I guess that's a pretty good basic insight into what I like to watch, and I'll have to get back on here more often. Kind of fun getting that out there for people to see. And by people I mean the 2 or 3 members of the family who will actually look at this, and the 1 or 2 who won't stop before getting to the end.

1 comment:

Lisa & Aukuso said...

what up MoFo? Rob and Big IS one of the funniest shows ever. Pure silliness at it's finest.