Sunday, October 11, 2009

HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY KILEY

Today was Kiley's 2nd Birthday.

For Kiley's birthday, Shawn and I had decided to get her a "big girl bed." I also found on craigslist a table and chairs that I painted to match her room. She's a little young for a bed, but we figure she needs to learn to sleep in a bed at some point, so why not now?

Here's a picture of her NEW ROOM!



She took a little nap in her bed - no problems!



We went over to my Mom and Dad's for dinner, cake and the opening of presents. Kiley was SO spoiled. She got books, movies, dress up shoes and jewlery, clothes, bowling and soccer stuff, a backpack, and a stroller for her dolls. Im sure there's some things I'm forgetting, but this is the gist of it. She was opening presents for what seemed like an hour. Thanks for all the gifts everyone, it was WAY too much, but she loved it all.



I made her birthday cake this year. It was the birthday cake from HELL. It took 4 trips to the grocery store before I had all the ingredients. It was HORRIBLE. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I would forget things, or I would swear I had something at home, but when I got home, I didnt have the ingredient. It was not a good experience. And to top it all off, the cake turned out lopsided. I guess this should teach me a lesson....always use store bought cakes.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAR!

6 comments:

Becky Ford said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KILEY - You're the Cutest 2year old in the WORLD!! and you have the cutest bedroom too!!

Anonymous said...

No way! The cake looks so good!

Glodowski said...

Her room looks AWESOME! I wish we could have been there to celebrate...and as for the cake...the appearance doesnt matter, its how it tastes...and it looks yummy!

Survis Family said...

Happy Birthday! The new room looks soooo cute!

Lisa & Aukuso said...

If she doesn't already, she needs to learn how to say "butterfly." I'm sure it could be quite hilarious! The room looks great and I'm glad to hear that she is enjoying her toys. Can't wait to see her again! Much Love!

Grandma Neener said...

I wish we could have celebrated with her. Give her a big kiss and hug. I wish Christmas would hurry up and get here!!! We miss you guys.