Monday, November 17, 2008

MAUI VACATION


Shawn and I just got back from our 8 day trip to Maui and Oahu. We had such a great time. We stayed at the Maui Ocean Club hotel on Maui for 7 nights. We went snorkeling and even swam with sea turtles. We also went on a sunset cruise on our last night on Maui.


On our 1st day in Maui, we drove 2 hours to the top of the mountain Haleakala to watch the sunrise. It was so beautiful. We had to leave the hotel around 4:30am to get to the top of the mountain by sunrise, but it was worth it. It was only 40 degrees and we weren't dressed for the weather, but we still would recommend watching the sunrise here. At the top of the mountain, you are actually above the clouds, so when the sunrises, you see it rise above the clouds. Its amazing.

On Saturday, we flew to Oahu to spend our last night in Waikiki. We met up with my sister Teri and spend the day/night with her. We went to Turtle beach and saw the turtle and seal (pictured above) sunbathing. So CUTE.
We had such an amazing vacation. It was the perfect place and perfect timing. This was a much needed vacation.

5 comments:

Lisa & Aukuso said...

That sunrise/sunset picture is a GREAT one of the both of you! I'm still completely jealous that you had an AWESOME vacation. I'm just excited to get my one piece yellow jump suit you promised me!

Glodowski said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast. I am way jealous. Next time Mark and I want to come and Grandma and Grandpa can watch both of them!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous right now!!!
I will definitely have to do the sunrise thing when I get there! Oh, and why did you have to go before I am there??!! That sucks.

What are you doing this weekend? I am free of the chains that is nursing school so I wanna see you!!!!

Mary Ann said...

I loved it when Teri took us to Turtle Beach...the turtles were SO AWESOME! But I didn't get to see a seal, so I"M JEALOUS! Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Sophia said...

Wow beautiful sunrise! that looks like it was an awesome trip.